Garlic pepper chicken – this is an awesome one-pot dish that is quick to prepare, loaded with flavor and good overall nutrition. This recipe was created by our long time friend, Vikram Singh. More on Vikram below.
*this recipe serves 4, or 2 with leftovers 🙂
Ingredients for Garlic Pepper Chicken
- 1 package chicken legs
- 1 package chicken thighs
- 2 whole tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Clean the chicken using white distilled vinegar, removing the skin and excess fat from the chicken thighs
- Chop tomato, onion and peppers into 1 inch pieces
- You want to start by browning your chicken. So, in a quart pot or dutch oven, add olive oil or red palm oil, and brown your chicken. Remove the chicken from the pot, once it has cooked…setting aside for the time being.
- In the same pot (do not remove the oil), add in your peppers, onion, tomatoes and crushed garlic; and bring to a low simmer.
- Once simmering, add the chicken back into the pot with all of the peppers, tomato and onion. Cook on medium-low (an easy simmer) for about 40min, which should be enough time for the peppers to get tender and the tomatoes to breakdown.
I served this with a side of green beans or sweet potato. Both sides are delicious with this dish, but we prefer it with sweet potato 🙂
This recipe was created by Vikram Singh, a dear friend of Fitness By Patty. Vikram is an awesome cook, a local to both Chicago and Hawaii, and loves rap music.
Vikram is famous for saying that he “prefers to fly rather than drive.” And, it’s no joke, this guy has flown around the world multiple times, working on projects and speaking at conferences from Monterey, CA to Muscat, Oman…and, everywhere in-between. When Vikram’s not working on hotel ecommerce projects, he’s busy staying fit at home in Chicago, surfing with Ronnie in Jax Beach or learning to farm coffee on the Big Island (his next big adventure). You can find him at www.WordsOfVikram.com or on Twitter @wordsofvikram