Food is one of the MOST important components that affect our overall health. This statement, You Are What You Eat, is not only true, but it has become increasingly more powerful and serious over the years. Now, I know that for some of you, it may seem unrealistic to be encouraged or expected to eat clean and healthy all day, every day.. but the idea is to make your healthy food choices and portion sizes a lifestyle.
Planning meals, grocery shopping, cooking and eating a healthy balanced meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner can almost sound like a career in itself. This is mode of thinking was the inspiration behind my food guide…and, so I developed this guide to help you optimize your time, money and most importantly health. I will help you determine:
- where and when to go shopping for groceries
- what grocery items you should be buying each week and month
- quick preparation and storage tricks so you can efficiently prepare healthy meals and snacks
- proper food combinations to maximize nutrient consumption and ease digestion
- meal preparation – great tasting, healthy recipes and introducing you to new and exotic fruits and vegetables
With this guide you’ll be ready to create everyday food plans for yourself and/or family.
**Patty Soud, owner/operator of Fitness By Patty, is not a certified nutritionist. The information contained in this section of the website is intended for informational purposes only. Always consult your physician before starting a diet.