This is one of my favorite quick breakfast staples – it’s delicious, simple, quick, filling and packed with a perfect balance of nutrients to start the day. I love Greek yogurt, not only for it’s nutrition, but also because it’s a versatile food that can be used in many different ways, a variety of dishes, and is often a staple found in Mediterranean cooking.
- Fat Free Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Organic Hemp Granola – 1/2 cup
- Roasted Almonds – 1 oz (about 15-2o almonds)
- Strawberries – 4 large, sliced
- Blueberries – 1/4 cup (about a handful)
- Organic Shredded Coconut – 1 Tbsp
- 100% Grade A Maple Syrup – 1 tsp
- Fresh cinnamon – 1 Tbsp or more as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a cereal bowl and mix together
My good friend Aaron Levine, owner at Happy Cup, is now serving my FBP Greek Yogurt Bowl on his healthy menu. So, if you’re in the Atlantic Beach area and looking for a healthy breakfast or snack, stop into Happy Cup and order one to stay, or to go!
A few notes on the ingredients used:
The fat free Greek yogurt that I recommend is either Fage (not Organic) or Stonyfield (Organic). Both are readily available at Publix and Fresh Market. Another good greek yogurt brand is Wallaby, but this one is a bit harder to find locally.
The Organic Hemp Granola with Flax that I recommend is low in sugar and available at Publix in the bulk items aisle. 🙂