Hey guys, in this video I’m just going to share with you what I got on my most recent grocery shopping trip. As a new mom, it’s important to form healthy eating habits not only for yourself, but for your entire family. I decided to share my produce haul to give you guys some health tips, tricks and inspiration that keeps the whole family happy without breaking the bank.
To start off, a great tip to remember when you’re grocery shopping is to make about 80% of your grocery cart filled with fresh produce. So buy lots of veggies, lots of fruits, and then grab items from the aisles if you need any grains and beans. Then, hit up the meats later.
My Healthy Family Grocery Haul:
- Herbs: Cilantro & Scallions
- Persian cucumbers – They’re really crunchy, sweet and delicious.
- Sweet Potatoes – I love to throw these into a salad to make it more substantial and help you stay fuller longer
- Avocados – Great fats to add to any meal!
- Berries: Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries – These are great for snacking, breakfast or popping into salads
- Bananas – I always have this. It’s skinned so you can grab and go
- Lemons – I always use lemons to mix in with my vinaigrette, so I’ll just do olive oil, lemon, throw in the herbs and also a white balsamic vinegar
There are so many different options with produce and making salads, but overall, just make sure that you’re getting plenty of fruits and vegetables. I recommend to get in four to five servings of veggies a day, and three to four servings of fruit a day. If That will give you a good balance in addition in your proteins and carbs. Typically, I get my protein comes from poultry and fish. Then, I get in my good carbs with rice, potatoes and any of those root vegetables.
So hopefully this gives you an idea of what my weekly family produce haul looks like for me. I love feeding the family and making sure everybody stays fit and healthy. Hopefully these tips are really helpful for you. Give me a shout if you want to go on a grocery tour with me, I offer that as a personalized service and I would be happy to go with you! We would have a lot of fun!