This recipe meets the needs for any busy person. It uses simple whole food ingredients, is quick to prep, easy to cook, loaded with protein and mixed vegetables, includes healthy grains, is delicious and delivers the most nutritional bang for your buck. Hooray!!
- 1 lb lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 cup dry Quinoa
- 1 bunch fresh Asparagus spears
- 1 head of fresh Broccoli
- 1 large Yellow Squash
- 4 cups Laciano Kale
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
* optional: add a little Earth Balance natural spread
1. Wash all vegetables. Chop broccoli florets and squash into bite-sized pieces. Snap ends off of the asparagus and chop into 1 inch pieces. Rough chop the kale. Set aside.
2. Cook quinoa in a separate pot. (~25 mins) Set aside.
3. Cook turkey in a separate pan and ground into small pieces. Set aside.
Step 1. Combine all vegetables in olive oil. The kale will naturally cook down. We like to leave the veggies a little crisp.
Step 2. Add in the cooked ground turkey and cooked quinoa.
Step 3. Mix together and moderately add: Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, and olive oil to taste.
*Optional: add 2-3 Tbsp of Earth Balance spread.
This recipe makes 4-6 hearty servings.
these nutrition stats are for the whole dish:
- Calories – 1488
- Fat – 70 g
- Sodium – 349 g
- Carbohydrate – 79 g
- Fiber – 20 g
- Sugar – 17 g
- Protein – 132 g
*This meal is also a good source of Iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin A.