Yields 4 servings
- 1 15oz. can white cannellini beans
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbs low sodium vegetable broth
- sea salt (optional: do not use unless you are using beans with no added salt!)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend for around a minute, or until the beans form a smooth puree.
- Tip: If you’re making this for a large group or holiday party, we recommend making a double batch! Try serving with any variety of fresh vegetables or whole grain pita chips.
Per serving: 96 calories, 0.4 g fat, 0.1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, (sodium dependent on type of beans used), 17.5 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0.1 g sugar, 6 g protein
White Cannellini Beans: These beans are rich in molybdenum, folate, tryptophan, fiber, manganese, protein, phosphorus, iron, potassium, copper, vitamin B1, vitamin K, and magnesium. The high fiber content can help with cholesterol levels may help prevent against digestive disorders like irritable bowel disease or diverticulosis. The beans may also lower your risk for heart attacks, stabilize blood sugar, provide antioxidant defense, and are a fantastic source of energy and protein.
Rosemary: Rosemary contains fiber, iron, and calcium. Rosemary can improve the circulatory system, digestion, and immune system. It also contains anti-inflammatory benefits, particularly beneficial for asthmatics prone to severe attacks. It’s also a great antibacterial agent.