Before you decide to go carb-free, it’s important to know that there is a big difference between simple, refined carbs (which cause rapid fat storage) and complex carbs (which are necessary and healthy). By switching from simple carbs to more complex carbs like fruits and vegetables, sprouted grain bread, oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa and other whole-grain options—you’ll reap the fat loss benefits and will have a steady flow of energy while you avoid the ups and downs that simple carbs cause.
Alternative to French Fries:
Sweet Potato Fries
If you love French fries, then you definitely need to try these! They are much, much healthier, as they use no bad ingredients and the spices give them a delicious, light cajun flavor.
Serving Size: 2 to 3
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and wash, and dry the sweet potatoes, then cut into long sections.
- Next, slice the long sections into thinner ‘fry like’ strips.
- Place the strips in a mixing bowl and add all of the oil and spices. Mix together well,coating each sweet potato strip.
- Spread the strips evenly on a baking sheet. Lay each sweet potato strip flat. Do not pile them on top of each other (as this can create mushy ‘fries’). Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for about 20 – 30 minutes.
Suggestion If you like to dip your ‘fries’ then try dipping into the Fit Body Marinara sauce!
For more great ways to switch out bad carbs check out my book The Fit Body Way. If you like this post feel free to share with someone else who might benefit from it.
Thanks for reading!
PS – Proper diet is more than 50% of the fat burning battle, which is why the saying goes, “abs are strengthened in the gym, but REVEALED in the kitchen”. You simply cannot out-train a bad diet. If you’re interested in getting those washboard abs that you’re wishing for, then check out my tummy flattening nutrition program below!
Click Here to Learn More & Start Your Transformation