Nutrition, Exercise & Rest…these are the 3 components that make up your personal health.
Most people do not realize that sleep has as big of an impact on their health as food and exercise. Lack of sleep can lead to a poor physical condition, as well as many bad habits that do further affect your overall health, such as:
- increased coffee/caffeine consumption…a small coffee each day is OK, but too much can lead to dehydration and nutritional deficiencies. Also, forget about energy drinks…they are very bad for you
- muscle fatigue…muscles will not respond with as much strength or endurance if you are not properly rested
- poor food choices…when tired, most people will emotionally eat…choosing foods that are not as nutritionally dense, but give them quick bursts of energy, such as sugary foods (candy, cookies)
- laziness…if you’re tired, you’re not going to workout or exercise as much
- lack of alertness…your reflexes and concentration will be greatly diminished
So, read below…some very interesting facts and information regarding sleep and your health